Getting Started In Your Yoga Practice
It’s easy to get started at Breathing Time Yoga. Choose a class, and if you are new to Breathing Time Yoga, we can get you started practicing yoga with our Introductory Offer: $40 for a month of unlimited yoga. If you are new to yoga we have lots of Beginners classes.
If you you would like guidance in getting started, one of our yoga advisors will be happy to chat with you about your lifestyle, your yoga goals and any specific questions you have. Breathing Time Yoga will help you select the yoga classes to help you achieve your goals and improve your quality of life. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (401) 722-9876.
New to Breathing Time Yoga?
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your first yoga class to complete your registration, get oriented, and get comfortably settled in one of our two yoga rooms. Bring your own yoga mat, or rent one from us for $2.
- It's OK to eat a small meal before class, but showing up with a full stomach or a tight waist band can make yoga uncomfortable.
- Generally yoga is best enjoyed in flexible clothing, bare feet or socks.
- Take your shoes off before entering the studio and leave them in our coat room areas. Once you enter the yoga room, avoid stepping on other people's yoga mats.
- We ask that you turn off your cell phone when you arrive and enjoy your vacation from being plugged in.
- Refrain from wearing scented products so the class is friendly to those with allergies and sensitivities.
- Take a flip chip that you can put on your mat. One side indicates it's OK for your teacher to touch you to assist you with understanding the postures. The other side indicates you'd rather not be touched. It's up to you and you can change your mind at any time during class.
- Inform your teacher of any concerns you have before class
- Feel free to rest at any time during class, or to modify poses to make them friendly to your body.
Levels of Classes
- Beginner's yoga classes with deliberately paced instruction to help you master yoga basics.
- Flow, Viniyoga and Hatha Yoga are "all-levels" classes that support you in your everyday well being, improving stretch, strength and focus.
- Yoga with Meditation incorporates mindfulness into the practice of yoga postures as well as specific meditation techniques.
- Restorative Yoga classes use props to support students in passive poses so that the body can experience the benefits of a pose without having to exert any effort.
- Yin marries meditation and asana by holding postures for two to ten minutes each while cultivating mindfulness
- Therapeutic Viniyoga is slowly paced with gentle moves designed to ease aches and pains and help you gain strength.
- Prenatal yoga classes are designed to help ease expecting moms through their pregnancy. We advise all pregnant women to only attend prenatal yoga classes.
Read more about our class styles and levels
You can sign up for yoga workshops that are a one-day event, or can last three to six weeks. These change frequently, but often include:
- Gong Bath
- Foundations of Yoga
- Ball Rolling
- Yin Mini-Retreats
See our full workshop schedule or what’s coming up next.
Please see our Pricing Options page for continuing your practice at Breathing Time Yoga.
All of our memberships make yoga affordable, with options that match how often you will be coming to class.
If you are facing financial challenges, check our our options for those on a budget.